Noida: The rise of online dating has given a new ray of hope to users of varied sexualities, age groups, races, physical disabilities, and nationalities by willing to go the unconventional way of looking for love. Now no one needs to lose a glass slipper in order to find his or her prince (or Princess) Charming. The millennials are rewriting their fairy tales in the 21st century with dating applications as their fairy godmother.
People are just not treating such digital platforms as a casual hook up a place but are taking it as an opportunity to help them reinvent as a person and their relationships. As a result, now, there is no end of apps with the same aim of helping users fall in love and live happily ever after or at least find someone to hang out with for the next weekend.
“We love people and the hustle as we are the wizards of the future. The people that we meet have the tendency to mould their monotonous routines. It could be as a friend, a social contact, a date or a romance. Dating applications empowers people to translate their ‘could be’s’ into ‘would be’s’ and enable the possibility of encountering with someone, who may intensify their lives even more”, says Tarika Wahi and Tajinder bagga, C0-Founders, Banter.
This festival season here we take the biggest alternatives of dating applications which you can use to find your someone special:
1. Tinder: One of the most famous dating applications used. Its unique selling proposition is its algorithm which connects you with a person in less than one minute.
With some stunning features like mutual friends, the super-like option, etc. the platform of Tinder seems to be rather social. On the other hand, the varied options that the app offers in a bid to give you a perfectly personalised dating experience are what sets it apart. Users can also manage their search results on the basis of factors such as age, or distance.
2. Banter: New in the market, Banter is rewriting fairy tales for the digital dating era. The application is driven by women. Basically, the lady decides what she wants. The key difference banter withholds is that it screens people during the registration via facebook making it mandatory for the users to upload their valid identification for enrolling as a premium club member.
This outcast the fake and multiple profile registrations which are very prevalent across the existing apps and thereby eliminate any misuse of the feature on Banter.
3. Truly Madly: Essentially India’s own dating app. This app goes beyond the parameters of distance and age and helps one find matches on the basis of interests and other preferences.
Users can not only keep their images safe with a unique feature on this app but can also ask friends to endorse them for a better trust score, which will eventually lead to a higher number of conversations with their matches.
The app encourages users to play certain interesting games with their matches, such as Styletastic, Foodie Funda, Hocus Pocus etc. in order to help them get to know each other in a better and more interesting manner.
4. Happn: Happn, a location-based social search mobile app born in Paris allows users to like or dislike other users and allows them to chat if both parties liked each other. The application gives an everyday superpower: the power to find people who have crossed paths with and want to get in touch with them.
Every time a user cross paths with another happn member in real life, their profile shows up on their timeline. On every profile, the user can see the number of times they have encountered with the same person. And if in case the user doesn’t want to see a person anymore on the application they just have to click on the cross button.
5. OKCupid: The application allows you to find probable matches based on users preferences of sexual orientation. The algorithm used by the app is essentially based on the distance between two people.
While that might not sound impressing enough but the user can surely create an interesting enough profile summary to attract better matches.
6. Bumble: Bumble is yet another dating app, which will help find matches, more or less in the same way as Tinder. In order for two people to be connected through the app, both of them need to swipe right. That being done, the power of kick-starting a conversation lies in the hands of the female.
Once matched, she’s required to start the conversation within 24 hours, failing which the match will disappear forever.
This holds true for same-sex matches, as well as for those who are on the lookout for friendships. And just in case the user is too worried about running out on time, the app allows them to extend the ticking clock for another 24 hours for a maximum of one connection per day.
7. Woo: Woo is a dating and matchmaking app, which focuses only on well-educated professionals. With some unique features such as Voice Intro, Tag Search, Question Cast and Direct Messaging, this app proves to be rather engaging for the user.
The algorithm of this app helps find matches based on your interest tags and for what it’s worth, you can actually search for probable matches, just on the basis of a single tag that you feel interests you the most.