Noida: Bollywood and its actors are slowly changing with the times. Earlier, web series were something that only a few actors did and they stuck to their genre. But things have changed over the last two years. With huge names from the web like Sumeet Vyas doing mainstream films like Veere Di Wedding and actors like Nawazuddin Siddiqui moving to the web, the lines have blurred between the two mediums. Check out the actors who will be debuting in their first ever digital series this year. We cannot wait to see them on the new generation small screen.
1. Arunoday Singh: Arunoday Singh who was praised heavily for his role opposite Irrfan Khan in Blackmail is currently busy shooting for the new Alt Balaji series, Apharan. He plays a cop turned criminal in the series and has been seen shooting around the by lanes of Rishikesh. The series stars web superstar, Nidhi Singh and is being directed by Siddhartha Sengupta.
2. Saif Ali Khan: Saif Ali Khan has begun doing some very interesting roles. His character in Kaalakandi was applauded because it was very different from what the actor had done. Now, Saif has taken the big leap into the digital space by playing the lead for the Netflix Original Series, Sacred Games. It is directed by Vikramaditya Motwane and is based on the thriller novel by Vikram Chandra. The show releases mid this year.
3. Pankaj Tripathi: National Award Winner Pankaj Tripathi is currently busy with three back to back films in three different languages. He starred alongside Ammy Virk in Harjeeta, with Sanjay Mishra in Angrezi Mein Kehte Hain and will be seen alongside South Indian Superstar, Rajnikanth in Kaala releasing next month. Currently, the Newton actor is busy shooting for the BBC international remake of Criminal Justice. It stars Jackie Shroff and Vikrant Massey as well. Pankaj Tripathi will be debuting in two web series’ around the same time, Mirzapur and Criminal Justice.
4. Kalki Koechlin: Kalki, who recently completed shooting for Zoya Akhtar’s Gully Boy, starring Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt in lead roles, will be making her web series debut with Smoke, starring Neil Bhoopalam, Mandira Bedi and Jim Sarbh, based on the Goan mafia and politics and will see Kalki debuting as a Portuguese-Goan DJ in the series.
5. Vir Das: India’s global phenomena in the comedy space, Vir, who recently signed 2 stand up specials for Netflix and ABC’s crime drama Whiskey Cavaliers will also be making his official web series debut in Nikkhil Advani’s upcoming 10 part Netflix series titled Hasmukh.
6. Radhika Apte: Radhika Apte, who was last seen in Akshay Kumar’s critically acclaimed Padman will soon be seen gracing the digital space with her web series debut in Netflix’s first Indian original web series directed by Vikramaditya Motwane called Sacred Games with Saif Ali Khan and Nawazuddin Siddiqui.